Lesson from Kanpur accident: Always opt for travel insurance when on train, its costs 92 paisa
New Delhi: God forbid it happens again, but nobody can predict about future. So one must be careful and be prepared for any eventuality. Yes, while travelling on a train we must not forget to avail the travel insurance that is available to passengers at less than Re 1.
A total of 410 tickets were booked on the IRCTC site for the ill-fated Indore-Patna Express, and 695 passengers were travelling on these tickets. Of these only 209 passengers travelling on 126 tickets had opted for travel insurance. Of these only 128 passengers are eligible for travel insurance, as the rest were supposed to board from Kanpur, reports The Times of India.
Highlights of travel insurance
*You can avail the travel insurance for 92 paisa
* Facility available to those who book e-tickets
* In case of death /total disability, compensation is Rs 10 lakh
* In case of partial disability compensation is Rs 7.5 lakh
* Up to Rs 2 lakh for hospital expenses
* Rs 10,000 for transportation of mortal remains in case of accident/terror attack/dacoity/rioting/arson.
All that you have to do is tick the checkbox while booking the ticket. Spread the word to create awareness. (News24Bureau)