New Delhi, March 13 The Supreme Court on Tuesday extended the deadline for linking of various services with Aadhaar till it delivers its judgment on a batch of petitions challenging the constitutional validity of the biometrical identification scheme.
Although the apex court has extended the deadline even if some users want to link their mobile numbers and finding it difficult then they can follow the below steps to link their mobile number with Aadhaar while sitting at home.
1. For this users need to call on '14546' with your registered mobile number linked to your Aadhaar card.
2. After the call is connected, IVR will ask if you are an Indian national or an NRI with options for pressing 1 and 2.
3. After confirming the nationality user will be asked for their 12-digit Aadhaar number.
4. After confirming the Aadhaar number users will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number with Aadhaar card.
5. Users will also be asked about the other mobile numbers linked to this Aadhaar number.
6. Users having more than one number linked to their Aadhaar card can link them too by pressing on the digit '2'.
7. Once done, users will receive an SMS confirming the Aadhaar re-verification process, apart from this users will also get an e-mail on your registered ID from UIDAI.