New Delhi, Mar 31: Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Jio today said its existing Jio Prime members, who come on board by March 31, 2018, will be offered 12-months of complimentary prime benefits without any additional fee.
For new Jio users, the prime membership continues to be offered at an annual membership fees of Rs 99, the company said in a statement here.
"All Jio Prime members who have subscribed to the exclusive membership benefits till March 31, 2018 will get another year of complimentary prime benefits at no additional fee," it said.
Over the last one year, the prime membership has offered Jio customers complimentary access to content bouquet that includes Live TV channels, movies, videos, and songs, as also value on overall tariffs.
The existing Jio prime members - who join on or before March 31, 2018 - will be required to download MyJio app and register their interest in getting complimentary membership for the next 12 months to continue enjoying the benefits.
"The continued availability of the Jio Prime membership to new subscribers reiterates Jio's commitment to deliver a differentiated digital life experience to Indians...," the statement added.
Reliance Jio's disruptive entry into the Indian telecom market in 2016, had unleashed a no-holds-barred tariff war that forced incumbent operators to slash data and voice rates. The resultant hyper-competition, however, bruised the telecom industry, eroding revenues and profitability of operators and taking sectoral debts to nearly unsustainable levels.
1) Reliance Jio Prime membership extension is a limited period offer, said the operator.
2)According to a statement released by the company, Jio is gearing up to bring new and superior experiences with the 'Prime program' and will ensure that Prime members get substantially better benefits than the counterparts in the industry.
3) Reliance Jio Prime membership allows subscribers to access highest quality services at best rates. Members can avail benefits of voice calls, SMSes and data services, added Jio.
4) Jio Prime membership gives complimentary subscription to 550 plus live TV channels, 6,000 movies, lakhs of videos/TC shows, over 1.4 crore songs, 5,000 plus magazines, 500 plus newspapers, among others.
5) For new members who want to join on or after April 1, Jio will be charging Rs. 99 for 'Prime membership' for annual subscription, added Jio.
6) With access to My Jio app, one can get single click access to 24*7 self-service and account management.
7) There are some exclusive content sharing options that are available only Jio customers with Prime membership. Customers get access to exclusive JioTV content of winter Olympics 2018, Nidahas Cricket Trophy 2018 and Carabao Cup.
8) Jio Prime customers also get platinum access to some live shows and concerts that include Filmfare, Justine Bieber concert, Ed Sheeran concert, Lakme Fashion week, Jio MAMI Film festival and so on.
9) Jio Prime members even get access to 7 days catch-up of LiveTV and interactivity on sports which give 5 different camera views to choose from and commentary in 6 languages during Nidahas trophy.
10) The continued availability of the Jio Prime Membership to new subscribers reiterates Jio's commitment to deliver a differentiated Digital Life experience to Indians and will propel this into the world's largest loyalty programme, said a statement released by the telecom operator.