New Delhi, December 12: Aadhaar has become an essential part of our day to day life from getting a sim card to opening a bank account we need it everywhere. Since Aadhaar is used for authentication to avail of several services, many of us might be worried about its misuse but the good thing is that you can check when and where your biometric ID’s have been used. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) es Aadhaar gives us an option of retrieving the history of the card being used over a period of time.
Users can follow these steps to know when and where your Aadhaar was used:
1. Users can visit Aadhaar authentication history page: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/notification-aadhaar
2. Enter their Aadhaar number and the security code in the picture.
3. Click on 'Generate OTP'.
4. Then users will receive an OTP on their verified mobile phone number with the UIDAI website.
5. Then users will get the options to select the period of information and the number of transactions. Then the user must feed OTP and click on 'Submit'.
6. Users will get all the Aadhaar authentication requests made in the period they had chosen. However, the page won't show who made the requests.
If users find anything suspicious, then they can even lock their Aadhaar information online and unlock it whenever they want to use it.